Amazon Fire TV Stick is a streaming media device that allows you to watch TV shows, movies, and other content on your TV. The device connects to your TV’s HDMI port and uses your home’s Internet connection to stream content. If you are stuck on the Activation code page of the Amazon Fire Stick setup, you may wonder how and where to enter the Amazon Fire Stick activation code. The process is quite simple.
In this article, we will show you how you can do that. But first, let’s understand what an activation code is and how it works.
If you are not familiar with the Amazon Firestick then you must read this guide first that explains What is Firestick and How Does Firestick Work.
What is the Amazon Fire Stick Activation Code?
An Amazon Fire Stick Activation Code is a code that is used to activate your Amazon Fire Stick device. It is essentially a way to link your Fire Stick with your Amazon account. This code is necessary to use your FireStick and access all of its features.
You can usually find the code after registering with your Amazon account during the FireStick set up. Once you have your activation code, you can go to the Amazon website and enter it in the appropriate field. After your code is accepted, your Fire Stick will be activated and ready for use. Let’s see how this is done.
Use Amazon Fire Stick Activation Code
You must activate your Amazon Fire Stick with a code if you want to use Amazon Fire Stick. This code is generated by Amazon and is used to verify and link your device and Amazon account. Before you can get the activation code, you will have to register or sign into your existing or new Amazon account on your Fire Stick. Here’s a step-by-step guide on the same.
Activate FireStick Using an Existing Amazon Account
If you have an existing Amazon account, follow these steps to use the Activation code on your Fire TV Stick.
1. On the Fire Stick setup page, select the “Have an Account Sign in” option. You will now see an activation code on your TV screen asking you to enter the code by logging in at amazon.com/code.
2. Open the web browser on your smartphone or computer and go to amazon.com/code.
3. Enter your login details and click “Sign in.”
4. On the next page, enter the Activation Code you see on your Fire TV Stick screen and click “Continue.”
5. You will now be asked to fill in your Address and phone number. Enter the details and click “Add and use this device” to complete the activation.
6. Once you’ve followed all the steps, your registration will be completed. You will see the message “Registering your Amazon Fire TV” on your TV. Wait for some time, and the registration will be done.
7. Once the registration is done, you will see the Welcome screen. Click “Continue” and then “Yes.”
8. Select the profile you want to use, and you can start streaming.
Activate FireStick by Creating a New Amazon Account
If you don’t have an Amazon account, you can easily create a new one.
1. Select the “New to Amazon? Create an Account” option on the Fire Stick setup page.
2. You will be asked to create a new Amazon account at amazon.com and enter the activation code when prompted.
3. Open the web browser on your smartphone or computer and go to amazon.com/code and Click the “Create your Amazon account” button.
5. Fill out all the details: Your name, Email, Password, and Re-enter password.
6. Once done, you can click the “Create your Amazon account” button in orange.
7. You will receive an OTP (One Time Password) on your email for verification. Enter it and the “Create your Amazon account” button in orange to proceed.
8. On the next page, enter the Activation Code you see on your Fire TV Stick screen and click “Continue.”
9. You will now be asked to fill in your Address and phone number. Enter the details and click “Add and use this device” to complete the activation.
10. Once you’ve followed all the steps, your registration will be completed. You will see the message “Registering your Amazon Fire TV” on your TV. Wait for some time, and the registration will be done.
11. Once the registration is done, you will see the Welcome screen. Click “Continue” and then “Yes.” This will save the Wi-Fi password(s) to your Amazon account.
12. Select the profile you want to use, and you can start streaming.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need an Amazon account to use Fire Stick?
Yes, you need an Amazon account to use FireStick and complete the activation process. You can use your existing Amazon account or choose to create a new one if you don’t have one.
Why do I have to enter an Activation Code to use Fire Stick?
An activation code helps better connect your Fire Stick device and your Amazon account. Using your Fire Stick is nearly impossible without an Amazon account and an activation code.
Can I use my Fire Stick without an Activation Code?
It is technically possible to use your Fire Stick without an activation code, providing you have an Amazon account or are willing to create one. The process is a bit tedious. Select the “Have an account Sign In” option, press the hamburger icon options button on your remote, and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the setup.
That’s how you enter the Amazon Fire Stick activation code. We hope this guide helped you activate your Fire Stick. If you have any questions, check the FAQs section or leave a comment below.