Instagram is the social media platform with the most active users. It is a place where people share pictures, video clips and other multimedia content. Instagram gives you an easy way to capture images and videos from your favourite places and share them with friends and followers. If you’re an Instagram user, you may have noticed a new trend recently: the ‘Before and After Scan’ filter.
It is currently a trending filter on Instagram reels. The filter is similar to the other filters that Instagram allows users to use. Still, it offers a different purpose: You can now add a photo to the filter, letting users drop the photo slowly on their video with dramatic music in the background. In this post, I would like to explain how you can use the Before and After Scan filter on Instagram and catch up with the trend.
Must Read: Best Youtube to MP3 Converter
How to Use Before and After Scan Filter on Instagram
Instagram keeps adding new features and filters to keep the app updated and entertaining. The ‘Before and After Scan’ filter is one such example. If you have been wanting to try out the new trend, but didn’t know how to, you are at the right place. Here’s how you can use the ‘Before and After Scan’ filter on Instagram and make your own version of it:
1. Open the Instagram app on your mobile device (Android/iOS/iPadOS).
2. Make sure you’re logged into your Instagram account.
3. Now tap on the ‘+’ icon on the top-right of the screen and select Reels.
4. Alternatively, you can swipe from left to right on your Instagram feed and select Reels from there.
5. Now tap on Effects from the left menu, as shown in the screenshot below.
6. On the following menu, tap on the search (magnifying lens) icon, as shown in the screenshot below.
7. Now search for before and after scan, and tap on the first search result, as shown in the screenshot below.
8. Tap on Add media, and select the photo you want to show after the scan.
9. You can also bookmark the filter for easy access to it in the future. For this, tap on the bookmark icon on the bottom-left, and you’re done.
10. Finally, hold the record button to record your video and enjoy.
The ‘Before and After Scan’ filter is a cool feature that is only available on the mobile app. We hope you enjoyed using the filter. You can use this filter to show the before and after of anything, from moving into a new home to getting a haircut to a change in lifestyle and attitude. You can share these reels with your friends on Instagram so your story becomes viral.