The Amazon FireStick is a streaming device that plugs into your TV’s HDMI port and gives you access to a wide range of content, including Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, Hulu, and more. It is easy to set up and use and is relatively affordable, making it a great option for those who want to cut the cord and ditch cable TV.
To take the FireStick experience even further, you can jailbreak it. Jailbreaking a FireStick is simple and only takes a few minutes. In this article, we’ll show you how to do it.
What is Jailbreaking FireStick?
If you’re not familiar with the term, jailbreaking is the process of removing the restrictions placed on devices by the manufacturer. In the context of FireSticks, this means giving users the freedom to install any apps they want, including those not available in the Amazon Appstore.
Why Would I Jailbreak My FireStick?
Perhaps the most obvious benefit of jailbreaking your FireStick is that it allows you to install any app you want, including those not available in the Amazon Appstore. This opens up a whole world of possibilities, as there are many great apps out there that are not available on Amazon’s platform.
There are several reasons why you might want to jailbreak your FireStick. Maybe you want to install a streaming app that isn’t available in the Amazon App Store. Perhaps you’re tired of seeing ads every time you launch an app, or maybe you just want to get more out of your FireStick . Whatever the reason, jailbreaking a FireStick is pretty easy and only takes a couple of minutes. So, without further ado, let’s get started.
Disclaimer: This guide is for educational purposes only. We do not condone the illegal use of jailbroken FireSticks. We are also not responsible for any damages incurred due to any untrusted app/services installed on your jailbroken FireStick.
How to Jailbreak a FireStick
As stated earlier, jailbreaking your FireStick is pretty straightforward. This means that you don’t have to buy an already jailbroken FireStick to enjoy third-party apps. You can jailbreak your FireStick within minutes. Carefully follow this step-by-step guide to jailbreak your FireStick.
Step 1: Install the APK Downloader on your FireStick
Before jailbreaking your FireStick , you’ll need to install the APK downloader on your FireStick.
1. Go to your Fire TV Stick’s homepage, select Find, and then the Search option.
2. Type in “Downloader” and select the Downloader app from the search results.
3. Select the Get option to download and install the app.
4. Once the installation is complete, click Open to launch the Downloader app.
5. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the setup. Allow for all the permissions if any are asked.
You will now be taken to the app’s main screen, where you will need to enter the URL for the APK Downloader website.
Step 2: Preparing the FireStick for Jailbreak
Now you need to prepare the FireStick for jailbreak. For this, you have to tweak a couple of settings. And no, you don’t have to modify any system files or the operating system to achieve this. It is just a simple setup that can be done using your FireStick and its remote. You don’t even need a computer for this. Here’s what you need to do.
1. Go to the homepage of your Fire TV Stick and click on the gear-like settings icon.
2. From the number of options, select the My Fire TV banner.
3. Now, click Developer Options. If you do not see Developer Options, click About. If you see Developer Options, you can skip to Step 5.
4. Quickly click on “My Fire TV” or “Fire TV Stick” seven (7) times. Once done, follow Steps 1-3 and continue with Step 5.
5. Turn ON the ADB Debugging toggle.
6. Next, select “Install Unknown Apps.”
7. Find the Downloader app and turn its toggle ON. Once done, press the back button on your remote and continue with Step 8.
8. From the number of options, select the Preferences banner and open Privacy Settings.
9. Turn OFF the following settings to prevent data storage after you jailbreak your FireStick.
- Device Usage Data
- Collect App Usage Data
10. Back to the Preferences settings menu, Click Data Usage Monitoring.
11. Turn OFF the Data Usage Monitoring toggle on the following screen.
That’s it, and your FireStick is now ready to be jailbroken.
Step 3: Jailbreak your FireStick
After successfully following all the above steps, you can start jailbreaking your FireStick. In this example, we will install Kodi, a popular streaming app that can only be installed on a jailbroken FireStick. You can install other apps too.
Kodi is a media player that allows you to play your favourite movies, TV shows, and music. You can install Kodi on your FireStick to enjoy your favourite content. It has a wide range of official and unofficial add-ons available. These add-ons extend Kodi’s functionality, allowing users to do things like watch live TV, listen to music from streaming services, and watch movies.
To install Kodi on your FireStick, follow these steps:
1. Launch the Downloader app, enter the URL firesticktricks.com/kapk and simply click on the “Go” button.
2. The website will load up. Now download the latest Kodi version.
3. Once the download is complete, select Install.
4. Once Kodi is installed, click OPEN to launch the app and enjoy your favourite content. If you want to launch the app later, click DONE.
5. The Kodi app may take a minute or two to launch for the first time.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is jailbreaking?
Why do I need to jailbreak my FireStick?
Is jailbreaking my FireStick legal?
What are the risks of jailbreaking my FireStick?
How do I jailbreak my FireStick?
What are some of the benefits of jailbreaking FireStick?
Jailbreaking your FireStick is a simple and straightforward process that anyone can do. With just a few clicks, you can unlock the true potential of your streaming device. By jailbreaking your FireStick, you can install third-party apps unavailable on the Amazon App Store.
If you’re looking to get the most out of your FireStick, jailbreaking is the way to go.