If your FireStick is not working as it should or if you are experiencing any issues, then you may need to restart or reboot it. This can help clear up any software glitches that might be causing problems. In most cases, a restart will fix any Fire TV problems you’re having. This is a simple process that can be done in a few steps.
In this article, we will show you how to restart or reboot FireStick or Fire TV. We will provide three ways to restart or reboot your FireStick. These three methods include restarting via settings, using the FireStick remote, and via force restart. Let’s talk about these in detail.
Method 1: Restart FireStick Via Settings
If your FireStick is occasionally unresponsive or slow, you can quickly fix it by a simple restart via the settings. It is presumably the most straightforward way to restart your FireStick. However, this method will work only if your Amazon FireStick remote and system are both responding to remote commands (You can follow this guide if you want to know how to pair Firestick Remote). You can try Method 2 and 3 if your remote and TV are unresponsive.
Follow these steps to restart FireStick from the settings:
- Go to the home screen of your FireStick and click on the gear-like settings icon to open Settings.
- Now go to the “My Fire TV” banner. Some of you might see the “Device & Software” banner instead.
- Under My Fire TV / Device & Software, select “Restart.”
- Select the “Restart” option and confirm that you want to restart your FireStick.
- Your FireStick will now restart. You will also see the “Powering Off” message on your TV screen.
- Once it’s restarted, you should be able to use it again without any issues.
Method 2: Restart FireStick using the FireStick Remote
If you’re having trouble with your FireStick not responding and being stuck or frozen, one thing you can try is restarting it using the FireStick remote. This can often fix minor issues and get your FireStick back up and running smoothly. However, this method only works when your FireStick remote is working and not frozen.
Here’s how to restart your FireStick using the FireStick remote:
1. Press and hold the Select and Play/Pause buttons on your FireStick remote for at least 5 seconds.
2. Your FireStick will now restart automatically without any confirmation prompts. This process may take some time, so please be patient.
Method 3: Force Restart your FireStick
If both your Amazon FireStick TV and remote are frozen and unresponsive, you can perform a force restart to fix the issues. We highly recommend trying the methods mentioned above before proceeding with this one. If you can’t access the TV or use the remote, then this is your best option. It is also the easiest way to restart your FireStick if the power cord is within your reach.
Here’s how to force restart your FireStick:
1. Unplug the power cord from the outlet.
2. Wait for about a minute.
3. Plug back the power cord into the outlet.
If you still have trouble after restarting or rebooting your Fire Stick, contact Amazon customer service for further assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
To restart your frozen or stuck FireStick TV, press and hold the Select and Play/Pause buttons on your FireStick remote for at least 5 seconds. Your FireStick will now restart.
When you restart your FireStick, it will close all open apps and shut down all running processes. This can help fix any issues and improve your device’s performance and stability. So, if you’re experiencing issues with your FireStick, restarting it may help to fix the problem.
To hard restart your FireStick: simply unplug the power cord, wait for a minute, and then plug it back in. This will force restart your FireStick.
These were the three methods to restart your FireStick. To recap, we talked about how to restart FireStick from the settings, using the remote, and via force restart. We hope this article helped you restart your FireStick and solve any issues you faced. Finally, if you have any questions, leave them in the comments below. We will try to help you out.