If you are looking for an easy way to access streaming content on your TV, you should consider the Amazon Fire Stick. The Amazon Fire Stick is a small, affordable device that plugs into the HDMI port on your TV and gives you access to a wide range of streaming content, from movies and TV shows to music and games.
In this article, we will show you how to set up an Amazon Fire Stick and get started with using it. We will provide a step-by-step guide on the setup of Firestick on your TV. So, if you are ready to learn more about this fantastic device, let’s get started!
Things You Need for Firestick Set Up
To set up Amazon Fire Stick, along with in-box accessories you will need the following:
- Amazon Account: You must have an Amazon account to access your favourite movies, TV shows, games, and apps on Amazon Fire Stick. If you don’t have an Amazon Account then you must join using this link to get Amazon Prime Free Trial – Join Now.
- Network Connection: You will need a wired or wireless connection to set up and stream content on Amazon Fire TV Stick.
- A Working High-definition TV: You need a working high-definition TV with an HDMI port.
- HDMI Cable: You also need an HDMI cable to connect the Fire Stick to your TV. You will need an HDMI A Male to A Male cable.
- Fire Stick Devices: Amazon Fire Stick, Fire Stick Remote, 2 AAA batteries, and power cord.
Part 1: Set up Amazon Fire Stick Hardware
Amazon supplies the Fire TV Stick with the in-box accessories as shown in the image below.
Once, you’ve all the accessories handy, you are ready to setup the Fire TV Stick. Before setting up the Fire Stick, you need to connect your Fire TV Stick to your high-definition TV and the remote as shown in the image below.
1. Take the HDMI cable and plug one end into your TV and the other into the Fire Stick. Please remember the number of the HDMI port you plugged into your TV.
2. Now, take the included power cord and plug one end into the Fire Stick and the other into the power outlet.
3. Turn on your TV and select the corresponding HDMI output you plugged into in the first step. Once you select the correct HDMI output, a loading screen with the Fire Stick logo will appear on your TV screen.
4. Insert the two included AAA batteries into the Fire Stick remote.
5. Once you have inserted the batteries, the Fire Stick remote will automatically become discoverable.
6. If this does not happen automatically, press and hold the home button on your Fire Stick for 5-10 seconds. Once done, the remote will be paired with your FireStick.
Part 2: Connect to a Wi-Fi Network
Now, it’s time to connect to the Wi-Fi network on your Fire Stick.
1. Press the Play/Pause button on your Fire Stick remote to start the setup.
2. You will be asked to choose your preferred language. Use the Navigation circle on your remote to highlight your preferred language and press the Select/OK button on the remote to confirm.
3. Fire Stick will now be able to scan Wi-Fi available in your area.
4. Choose your Wi-Fi network and enter your password (if required) to proceed.
Part 3: Register/Sign into your Amazon Account
The next step is to register or sign into your Amazon account. If you don’t have an Amazon account, you can create a new one. Follow the on-screen instructions to register or sign into an Amazon account. Wait for a few seconds for the signup to complete. Once you have registered or signed in, your Fire Stick will be registered with that account.
Part 4: Complete the Setup Process
Once the registration is done, you can begin the setup process.
1. Once the registration is finished, you will see a prompt asking if you want to save your Wi-Fi passwords to your Amazon account.
This will save the Wi-Fi password to your Amazon account to quickly connect to Wi-Fi on all your Amazon devices. You can select “Yes” if you have multiple Amazon devices such as Alexa, Kindle, etc. If you don’t have any other Amazon devices or don’t plan on getting any, you can select “No.”
2. On the next screen, you will be asked if you want to set up parental controls.
If you want to set up parental controls, select “Enable Parental Controls.” Here, you will be asked to set up a PIN which you will need to enter to use the Fire Stick.
If you don’t want to set up parental controls, simply select “No Parental Controls” and move ahead.
3. Scroll down to find and select the brand of your TV.
Note: If you have an older FireStick 2nd Gen with no TV control buttons, you can skip Step 6.
4. Now, click “Next.” Make sure the volume is turned up on your TV.
5. Next, try using the volume buttons on the remote. If the buttons respond accordingly, click “Yes” and then “OK.”
6. Click “Get Started” to install the streaming apps on your Fire Stick. If you wish to install them later, click “No Thanks.”
7. Here, select the streaming apps. Once done, press the right arrow on your remote to select the TV channels you want on your Fire Stick.
8. Once completed, click “Finish” and then “Got it.” All the selected apps will now be downloaded on your Fire Stick.
9. Select your profile, and you can enjoy watching.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I connect my Fire Stick to a wired network connection?
Yes, you can connect your Fire Stick to a wired network connection using Ethernet. From the Home screen, select Settings >> System. You will see the “Wired” connection here. Once connected to the wired connection, press the Home button.
How do I set up my Fire Stick remote?
To set up your Fire Stick remote, go to Settings >> Controllers and Bluetooth Devices >> Select the Fire Stick remote. Next, press and hold the Home button for at least 10 seconds to pair your remote.
How do I troubleshoot the unable-to-connect Wi-Fi issue on my Amazon Fire Stick?
You can try the following solutions:
- Make sure the password you entered is correct (if encryption is enabled).
- Restart your Wi-Fi router or modem.
- Please do not place the Fire Stick in a cabinet as it impacts the Wi-Fi connection.
- Restart your Amazon Fire Stick. Unplug the power cord from the power outlet, wait for three seconds and plug it back in.
This concludes the guide on how to set up your Amazon Fire Stick. To recap, you need to plug the device into your TV, connect it to Wi-Fi, and then register or sign in to your Amazon account. Next, you need to download the apps you want to use, and then you can start streaming. If you still have questions, feel free to ask them in the comments below.