VPNs are incredibly handy, especially when using an unsecured public Wi-Fi connection. However, VPNs aren’t meant to be left on all the time, so you need to know how to turn off the VPN on your iPhone if you don’t want to use it anymore. If you don’t use it often or don’t need it on your iPhone, you can disable the VPN on your iPhone to save battery power and decrease data usage by disabling the connection between your device and the VPN server. This article will show you how to turn off the VPN on your iPhone. Fortunately, it’s pretty easy to do that once you learn the steps below.
- How to Download YouTube Videos
- How to Use Before and After Filter on Instagram
- How to Type Backwards 3
Benefits of Turning Off VPN
If you’re having trouble with your VPN or don’t need it anymore, here’s how to disconnect a VPN on your iPhone. Turning off VPN on your iPhone has some benefits as well:
1. It can help improve your battery life since your phone won’t be working as hard to maintain the connection.
2. It can prevent data overage charges if you have a limited data plan.
3. It can improve your phone’s performance since it won’t constantly be trying to connect to the VPN server.
Method 1: Turn off the VPN using the VPN App or Software
If you need to turn off your VPN for some reason, follow these steps:
1. Go to the relevant VPN app or software and tap ‘Disconnect.’ Every VPN service has an app or website associated with it wherein you can configure the VPN settings on your iPhone.
2. This will usually disconnect your iPhone from the VPN server, and any sites you visit will no longer be accessible.
3. If you’re still connected to the VPN server, try disconnecting from it using the app’s settings or closing the app.
Method 2: Turn off VPN from iOS Settings App
Turning off the VPN from its app is not the only way. In fact, there are many ways to turn off or disconnect a VPN in iOS. One of those ways is through the iOS settings app. Apple integrates the VPN settings directly into the iOS settings app for easy access. Here’s how you can do it.
1. To turn off VPN on your iPhone, go to the Settings app and tap the VPN button below the Personal Hotspot settings in the first group.
2. If you have more than one VPN profile, you’ll see a list of them. Tap the one you want to disable.
3. A confirmation message will appear asking if you’re sure you want to disable or disconnect the VPN on your iPhone.
4. Tap OK to continue. That’s it! You’ve successfully turned off the VPN on your iPhone.
If you need to delete a VPN connection, follow these steps:
1. Tap the ‘i’ button next to the VPN profile name for more information about that specific connection type.
2. There you will see a button that says ‘Delete VPN’ in red.
3. Tap ‘Delete VPN’ on iPhone and confirm the prompt if you are asked to.
Method 3: Turn off VPN using the iOS General Settings
Interestingly enough, there are other ways to turn off VPN on iPhone. You can turn off the VPN using the iOS General settings. Here’s how to do it.
1. On your iPhone, open the Settings app.
2. Tap the General category.
3. Scroll down and tap VPN & Device Management near the bottom of the list. Some of you might see this setting as ‘VPN.’
4. If you have more than one VPN configuration, tap the one you want to disable on your iPhone. If you only have one, skip this step.
5. Tap the switch next to VPN to turn it off. The switch will turn white when it’s off.
6. You may get a warning that disconnecting will end all active network connections. Tap OK to continue.
7. That’s it! Your iPhone is no longer connected to the VPN network.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I turn off the VPN on my iPhone?
Go to Settings >> General >> VPN & Device Management. Some of you might see only ‘VPN’ instead of ‘VPN & Device Management.’ Tap on the VPN you want to disable, and move the ‘Status’ slider to the left to turn it off.
What are the benefits of turning off VPN on my iPhone?
There are a few benefits of turning off your VPN when you’re not using it.
- Improved battery life
- Improved internet speed
- Improved performance
How do I know if I have a VPN connection on my iPhone?
If you’re not sure whether or not you have a VPN connection on your iPhone, the easiest way to check is by going to Settings >> General >> VPN or VPN & Device Management. You can see the status of your VPN from there. If the VPN slider is green, that indicates that you have a VPN connection. If otherwise, you don’t have a VPN connection.
We all know how important it is to keep our data safe and secure, especially when using public Wi-Fi networks. But sometimes, we need to disable our VPN service for various reasons. Maybe you’re trying to connect to a website blocked in your country, or you need to troubleshoot a connection issue. Whatever the reason, turning off the VPN on your iPhone is easy. We hope that this guide has helped you. And if you know any more ways to turn off VPN on iPhone, please share them with us in the comments section.