Do you want to search similar images on Google or across Google? Here in this guide, I am going to explain how to perform Reverse Image Search.
For some time now, there has been the possibility to search using images on Google, which makes it easier to get what is needed when only that file is available. Although it is not a very recent inclusion, many users do not know how to use it correctly, nor where they can do it efficiently, guaranteeing the result. Most likely, you have used the Google search engine countless times to search for information about a product or service.
Must Read: Best IPTV Players for Windows
Why do You need to perform a Reverse Image Search?
Normally, when we need to find information about anything on the Internet, we enter Google, and using its search engine, we type the keyword or key phrase about which we want to obtain information. But there is a concept, which is called Google reverse image search, that you may not yet have used or do not know, and that can be used on certain occasions to obtain information related to an image.
It is very possible that at the moment you are thinking that what we meant is that if you type a text or a key phrase in the search engine and enter images, here you will find all the images related to that specific search. Well, that is not it.
In this case, we are talking about an opposite concept, an image reverse search, we are not going to write a text to obtain images, but we are going to use an image to search and to obtain information from it, to know if that image is being used on some website and also get related images.
What is a Reverse Image Search?
Reverse image search is mostly used to locate the origin of an image, photograph, vector, or illustration. With this feature, we can do image reverse searches to have the details of the image and find what we are looking for.
When we use reverse image search it is usually to locate a particular image, unlike normal image search where we search for images related to our keyword. With normal search, we input the keyword (e.g Dog) and we go to the image tab of the results. This provides us with different dog-related images.
What is Reverse Image Search For?
Just like we have explained briefly above; a reverse picture search is used to gather more information about a particular photo, vector, photograph, or illustration. There are lots of uses for this concept and we are going to talk more about it at the end of the article. First, let’s talk about the mode of operation of this feature.
How does Reverse Image Search Works?
The mode of operation of a reverse image search varies slightly according to the search engine or app in use. They all have things in common and we can easily use any of them whenever we want using these steps:
- Visit the reverse image search engine or open the app
- Upload the image either from your library (smartphone or PC) or using a link to the image (in case you have not downloaded it).
- Click on the search. This will present you with various search results related to the particular image.
Note: If your aim is to locate the origin of the image, the first website in the search result is usually the place to find your answer.
Well, Google itself gives us the solution to search by image. It is very easy and here we bring the step-by-step guide to achieve it.
Google Reverse Image Search
One of the easiest ways to Reverse Photo Search is to do it directly from Google’s own image reverse search, which you can access by typing in the “ Google images ” in the search engine and selecting the first option.
This leads you to a new Google search interface, right next to the address bar or URLs, an icon of a camera will be positioned, called ” Search by images“, when pressing it will yield two options.
Thus, the first ” Paste URL of the image ” is used when what you have is the image’s address. And the second is “Upload an image”, when it is on the device.
Lastly, after choosing “Upload an image”, it will show a new button ” Select file “, through which we will upload the photo that we want to consult. Immediately after, Google will automatically load the file, then return the search result.
Reverse Image Search Mobile
When using smartphones it is best to use the Google Chrome browser for reverse image search especially if it is an Android.
Despite the fact that Google offers limited search features for smartphones there is still an option for you to do a reverse image search on your Mobile. To do this follow these easy steps:
- Locate the image you want to search on the internet.
- Press down on the image until you see a pop-up menu.
- Select “search Google for images” in the options.
This should provide you with search results for the image.
Note: If for any reason you can not do step 3, just copy the URL of the image or download the image then do a normal Google reverse image search.
Chrome Extension for Reverse Image Search
If you are going to use this research technique often, I recommend that you install the reverse search extension for Chrome.
With this extension, all you have to do is right-click on any photo you find when browsing the Internet and click on “reverse search” for Google to carry out the whole process automatically.
What can be Obtained with the Search through Images?
When searching by an image on Google, you can achieve a series of benefits that a normal search would be difficult to obtain. In addition to being an alternative when you only have the image as a reference, it has other very useful benefits, these are:
- Let us learn many more things about an object in the image. For example, we can find out what breed of dog is in a photo. In addition to this, the search engine throws another type of data, information, or curiosities to help our investigation more deeply.
- Locate visually similar images (for when similar photos are needed) but with different styles, that is, related to the initial sample.
- Find the source, in cases where you have the photograph, but the creator or source page is not known.
- It makes it easy to identify products, places, and people. This is achieved only if the reference image is identical to the original or the information is available online.
- Determine if there are plagiarized photos, to confirm if someone else uses the photos without permission or to give credit to the author, using this tool helps to find them.
- Discover plagiarism or falsification: with this technique, you can find all the versions of the same image, which can help you identify modifications or changes to the original image.
- Reveal false accounts, to detect if there are false accounts in which your own images are used, just start a search for that image.
These are just some of the benefits, benefits, and achievements that can be achieved by using Google image search.
Searching for some queries on any search engine like Google and getting results are well-known methods. But with time Search Engines became too advance and intelligent to even perform searches via images to find similar images on the internet. Here above in this article, I’ve tried to explain how to find Similar Image Search and how to do that with various methods like Google Reverse Image Search, Reverse Image Search for Mobile, Reverse Image Search Chrome Extension, etc.